10 May Digital Marketing 80:20 Rule

In this episode of The Marketing Nerdz Podcast, CEO Karan Dharamsi reveals the 80:20 Principle of Digital Marketing and how it can completely change your Business if applied the right way!

So, what exactly is this 80:20 rule of Digital Marketing?

In simple words, the rule implies that focusing on the important 20 % of things will bring in 80 % of the desired results and revenue, whereas if you shift your focus to the other peripheral 80% of things, it will only do so much and contribute to 20% of your results.

Yes, it is all about the amount of focus and efforts you put into the right things, and how eventually it’s just that 20% of the right thing done that gets in 80% of the revenue.

podcast-website-banner

To explain the 80:20 rule of Digital Marketing further, Karan shares an interesting example of an eCommerce store structure:

Well, if you go to see, ideally for an eCommerce store, only 20% of it’s start products will get in the major chunk of revenue. The remaining 80% of the products only account to 20% in terms of revenue.

Not just an eCommerce store, this rule of 80:20 applies for Digital Marketing as well, and here’s how:

Taking into consideration any campaign that you launch, the success of your campaign will boil down to the efforts that you put in for the main 20% of all the things, which is to understand your target audience, their needs, their pain points and working on a marketing message based on this customer avatar that you create!

What most Digital Marketers miss is to understand their audience and they often get caught up in the remaining 80% of the peripheral things like updating new chat boxes, or creating fancy websites, fancy landing pages etc which would eventually only bring in 20% of the revenue.

 

 

So here is a quick recap for the 80:20 Rule for Digital Market

 
To begin with, it is very important to understand your customers, their needs and wants before framing or creating any marketing campaign. Each customer is unique and they would all have different needs and wants.
Hence, start off with creating different customer profiles as per different requirements which will help you to shape your marketing and communication message which will help you connect with the target audience.

This bit is the 20% of your total marketing efforts and that is what will give you 80% of your revenue. The remaining 80% of the things are certainly important, but they would only account to a total of 20% in revenue!

Hence, it’s on you whether to direct your efforts and inputs on the highly important 20% things and get in 80% of the revenue through that or to focus on the peripheral 80% of the things which will consume larger chunk of your time and energy but contribute to only 20% of the total revenue!

So, go ahead and plan your Digital Marketing Campaign using this 80:20 principle to attain the desired results! And, if you too need any guidance or have any queries as to where to start from, feel free to get in touch with us and someone from the team would be glad to help you out with all the details!

podcast-website-banner-2

The following two tabs change content below.

Karan Dharamsi

Karan Dharamsi is the CEO of The Marketing Nerdz. He is a Tony Robbins and Cloe Madanes Certified Master Strategic Intervention, Human Behaviour & Psychology Coach. He is also a Digital Marketer Certified Funnel and Online Advertising Expert. Karan is a Certified Copywriter by American Writers' Association Inc. And is a member of Circle of Success, a mastermind group of the best AWAI's Copywriter. Karan loves Entrepreneurs and he founded The Marketing Nerdz to help other entrepreneurs grow their business with the Latest Digital Marketing Strategies in the world.
Karan Dharamsi
info@themarketingnerdz.com

Karan Dharamsi is the CEO of The Marketing Nerdz. He is a Tony Robbins and Cloe Madanes Certified Master Strategic Intervention, Human Behaviour & Psychology Coach. He is also a Digital Marketer Certified Funnel and Online Advertising Expert. Karan is a Certified Copywriter by American Writers' Association Inc. And is a member of Circle of Success, a mastermind group of the best AWAI's Copywriter. Karan loves Entrepreneurs and he founded The Marketing Nerdz to help other entrepreneurs grow their business with the Latest Digital Marketing Strategies in the world.

No Comments

Post A Comment